When it’s cold and wet outside the only thing you need is some tasty top notch comfort food.
Well here it is ‘Blast Off’ Quesadillas a recipe from our lovely friend and Plant based Recipe Consultant Suzy Smith. This quick and easy recipe uses our very own RocketShip Supernova to give it some fire 🙂
‘Blast Off’ Quesadillas
These quick and tasty quesadillas are so easy to make. They pack a punch in flavour and the heat from the Super Nova sauce gives them personality! The beans add a good source of protein and fibre – perfect for filling you up. Give them a go and add as much Super Nova as you dare!
Nb. The cheese used in this recipe is vegan which doesn’t tend to melt as well as regular cheese.
Serves: 4 – Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1 tblsp oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
100g tomatoes, chopped
80g sweetcorn kernels
100g cooked beans
2 tsp Super Nova hot sauce
120g grated cheese
4 flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the onion. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn, beans and hot sauce. Season with salt & pepper. Continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan. Place a tortilla in the pan. Heat for a couple of minutes until tortilla takes on some colour.
- Add ¼ of the veg mix. Sprinkle over cheese. Add more sauce if you like it hot.
- Fold the tortilla over and press to seal.
- Remove from the pan. Cut into triangles and serve.