Here’s the next recipe from Suzy Smith from Bace Foods … Suzy’s quick and easy recipes demonstrate how versatile our range of sauces are. This one’s called Comet Cauliflower Wings.
‘Comet’ Cauliflower Wings
These moreish cauliflower wings are sweet and tender with a smokey spiciness. You just can’t help but keep diving in for more pieces. It really is a must try dish that you’ll keep cooking time and time again. The ranch sauce is essential as a condiment as the spicy wings and cool, creamy sauce combine so well. I love this sauce so much that I make it to go with other dishes. Serve the wings as a starter or with rice and salad for a main meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets
75g plain flour
¼ tsp cumin seeds, crushed
¼ tsp smoked paprika
50ml plant-based milk
Salt & pepper
‘Comet’ Wing Sauce
1 tbsp Rocket Ship Comet Sauce
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp vegan mayo
2 tbsp unsweetened plant-based yoghurt
½ lemon, squeezed
Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Make the batter by combining the flour, crushed cumin seeds, paprika and seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the milk and water. Keep whisking until no lumps appear.
- Put the prepared cauliflower wings into the batter and mix to coat.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking gently heat the ‘Comet’ wing sauce ingredients in a small pan for 10 minutes.
- Take the wings out of the oven. Coat the wings with the sauce.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Make the ranch sauce by combining all the ingredients. Season to taste.
- Remove cauliflower wings from the oven and serve immediately with the ranch sauce and more ‘Comet’ sauce on the side.